Thursday, May 24, 2012

Miss K's graduation quilt - finished!

So I think we're calling this simply K--'s quilt.  The working title was "lipstick" but really, it's her "NYC Dreams" quilt I think and that's what I put on the label.  It is another iteration of Millie's Quilt and Miss N's quilt.  I do think it's cute that she wanted a quilt so similar to the one that's been in our family room for ages.  It's exactly the same as her big sis's college quilt - but in her pinks and reds.

I labeled it today and when she got home from school, I wrapped her in a big hug and tried not to cry!  We do have a summer with her yet!





The grey is antique kimono silk

All Japanese linen - love the polka dots!
Lots of older fabric brought from my stash in MA 
The star print is a Liberty.
The pink is a chirimen print.  The grey is a textured fabric bought at the Tokyo Quilt Festival.
I used monofilament thread in the needle for the quilting.  It disappears nicely, but did show on this dark batik. 
Border and binding: Fairfield by Lisa DeBee Schiller for Windham Fabrics, purchased in Denver at Harriet's 
Stripy backing. 


Linking to Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story - see my sidebar for the link - always lots of lovely projects to see there!