Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lowell Quilt Festival - NEQM


Today my friend Erin and I went to the Lowell Quilt Festival.  I've been a few times before but it was much more fun in the company of a good friend:).




We started at the New England Quilt Museum.  I love this place!  It never disappoints. 

Downstairs.... gifty items and quilts galore.  

I love that signature quilt - wish I'd gotten a close up shot.

You can see the shuttle bus through the window.  A nice service - reminded me of being on a field trip, though this time I wasn't in charge of anyone:). 

So cute.

I'm always drawn to Log Cabins



Yummy, yummy, yummy

Another log cabin, pastel this time. 

Price tag!

But what a beauty. 

Next we went upstairs to the exhibit "Backstitch: A 25-year Retrospective of Advances and Milestones in Quilting".  No photos allowed.  

Fantastic show, great variety.  I was so happy to see one of Harriet Hargrave's quilts hanging.  The docent mentioned her as being the "godmother of machine quilting - DOMESTIC machine quilting".  I chatted with a fellow museum goer about what a great teacher Harriet is.    

There was also a "Dear Jane"... which I had never seen in person... not a huge fan of samplers... but may change my mind.... and many many other notable and memorable quilts, from traditional quilts to art quilts.




Stay tuned for some photos from the IMAGES show.