Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Progress

I've just been busy with regular life, and fun things such as the fall matsuris (festivals) at the high school where I work part time:


And in our neighborhood: 



The start of school for Tommy.... getting back into our Tokyo routines.... and in the evenings, what could be better than this: 

Sewing binding while watching TV.  This is Tommy's 4-patch.  

Meanwhile I'm also starting a new sashiko project - a "sashiko sampler" table runner using vintage yukata lining cotton:



I ate up this recent "Crazy Sashiko" post from Amy Katoh at Blue and White,  where I take sashiko lessons.   Looks like I missed something really fun while away in August!

And now.... off to Costco (yes, we have Costco in Japan!  And I am lucky enough to have a friend with a car who generously invites me along)... which means Costco prepared food for dinner tonight... and more time for creativity:).

How about these linkups?  Let's Get Acquainted Monday at Plum and June, and Quilt Story.

And these blogs from Plum and June's Blog Hop:

Sep 18
       Lina from Smultronbo's Pieceful
       Chase from 1/4" mark

Sep 20
        Jen from Closet Quilter
        Anna from Pink Padme

Sep 25
        Amanda from Material Girl Quilts
        Amanda from Fabric Engineer
    
Sep 27
        Vicky from Vicky K Creating
         Francine from Mocha Wild Child