Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Avoiding borders with other fun stuff...

When faced with a quilt top that will be finished just as soon as I measure, cut, and attach borders...

I will instead do all sorts of other things... such as:

Work on my sashiko table runner..... 

I


Begin, and abandon, a random hexie project....

Go on a field trip... 

 (After which I can't resist snapping a photo of this gentleman, surely Sumo!  One of those occasional dramatic reminders that I live in Japan!)



Dig out an unfinished 4-patch baby quilt.... 



And my friend Tammy of Hikari Handcrafts, who spent many years in Japan and is now creating beauty back in her native Australia, has opened up her online shop here.  Check it out!  Beautiful handmade goods with a Japanese flair.  I'm thinking that her kimekomi fabric Christmas balls are calling my name!



And now.... looking out at the dining/sewing table from my kitchen sink, I think to myself ... must... sew... those dang borders!