Friday, February 8, 2013

Sashi-slow


I'm making slow and not-so-steady progress on my sashiko sampler table runner:

Lately I think I've been spending more time perusing quilting/stitching blogs than on actually working on my own projects!  Mmmm.... does this happen to anyone else? :)



And there are other real-life distractions... such as the itch to do some spring cleaning...

(After all, even the subways (every inch!) here regularly get soapy-water scrubbings):


And errands.... which sometimes reward with happy distractions, such as the ever-evolving windowscape at Blue and White:

Setsubun window display at Blue and White

I stopped in to sign up for my next sashiko class, and noticed this beauty right away:

Lady Happiness, 2011, by Reiko Okunushi,
on loan to Blue and White from the La Conner Quilt and Textile Museum

Detail from Lady Happiness, 2011, by Reiko Okunushi,
on loan to Blue and White from the La Conner Quilt and Textile Museum
Lady Happiness indeed!  Even as a winter storm rages in our hometown in MA, here we are definitely feeling some happy hints of spring in the air!