Monday, May 27, 2013

Details from Kazuko Yoshiura's sashiko quilts




As promised, here are some detail shots of several beautiful quilts displayed by my sashiko teacher, Kazuko Yoshiura, during the Izukougen Art Festival.

All of the following photos show Yoshiura-sensei's original, hand quilted work:





The white piping really helped show off each section:





I love the energy of the red fish as well as the beautiful pieced background:






Another striking quilt here: 





Sashiko meets Log Cabin barn raising:



And we oooed and aahhhed over this boro-inspired piece: 


You already know I'm a fan of sashiko, raw-edged applique, and homespuns.  So, yes, I was swooning over this!



Nearly a week later, and I'm still thinking about these quilts, all the sashiko inspiration, and the fun I had joining in with some very nice Japanese ladies from my sashiko classes.  I blogged about the day here and you can read all about sashiko here