Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas at home, and a very worthwhile 5 minutes!


I know that "home is where the heart is"... and now a piece of my heart will forever be in Japan...

but it DOES feel really good to truly be home-home this Christmas season...


Especially with the promise of all three chickies back in the nest...
And celebrating our daughter Kaela's recent engagement to Joe:


We refocus on the birth of Jesus:




 And have some fun as well:

This is about half of the Christmas quilt I finished last year...

It's from an old, great little book called "Favorite Quilts Fast and Fun" by Nancy Smith and Lynda Milligan.

I added a little red house to represent where we lived when I started the quilt years ago... in a little red Cape nestled in the pines...

Not a great photo but you get the idea:


I hope you are having a wonderful December.  If you are so inclined, I invite you to watch this beautiful little video -  "Good Tidings of Great Joy: The Birth of Jesus Christ" - one of a series of Bible videos produced by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It's an excellent way to spend five minutes!  I have found that it's one good way to refocus on the Savior when I'm feeling a little scattered or stressed with the busy-ness of the Christmas season.  "The story of Christmas is a story of love." 




5 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I have been thinking of you as we begin planning and work on the Gala quilt. Your post is a joyful gift to us across the miles.

Nifty Quilts said...

What a beautiful Christmas quilt! Have a lovely holiday.

Lin said...

Wishing you a very Happy and Blessed Christmas and I am happy for you to be home with your family. xx

apiecefullife said...

All the best for a lovely family Christmas.

Diane-crewe said...

enjoy your time with all the family xx