Saturday, January 25, 2014

Stepping Stones finished


We've had such cold snowy days...


And it was so nice to spend some of that time in my sewing room... finishing up a Stepping Stones quilt for an orphanage "graduate" in Tokyo. I was assigned to make a green and blue quilt for a young man.  I used fabric I'd purchased in Japan with lots of bits from my scrap bins.


On with the walking foot for some stitch-in-the-ditch to anchor the quilt:

Followed by binding:

And then I went back for some free motion within each section:

I zigzagged the perimeter squares and then used this stencil and just marked with a chalk pencil, section by section as I went:


Not perfect, but really fun to get back into free motion quilting! 

All set to send to Japan with David the next time he travels there on business!