Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Flags of the American Revolution - part 2 - Tree flags

For September we made the four tree-themed blocks for the Flags of the American Revolution quilt-along at Humble Quilts:


The Continental Navy sailed under this "Appeal to Heaven" flag:


A flag depicting the Battle of Bunker Hill:


The Pine Tree Flag - a symbol of strength and used as a symbol of Massachusetts long before the Revolution:



And another form of the Pine Tree Flag,


All of the blocks are from Flags of the American Revolution by Jan Patek.  Working these was challenging and I kept reminding myself that extra-primitive is OK in my book!

Meanwhile... fall is arriving!  My favorite season by far.


The first time I ever saw my house, I thought wow, someone had the guts to paint the door ORANGE and I love it!  It is high time to repaint the door... and I'm thinking of keeping the orange...


With the cold weather coming, someone has to stack this wood..... not me:).